HOW THINGS ARE WORKING NOW...
With the relaxation of many of the Covid-19 measures and requirements we are asking all our staff and customers to consider continuing with some of our Covid-19 protocols. We want to ensure your visit is as positive as possible but also that we continue to respect other centre users and work together to keep everyone as healthy and safe as reasonably possible.
Please continue to consider:
- HANDS – sanitise when you arrive and before and after every climb
- FACE – whilst no longer mandatory, we hope you will consider using face coverings in enclosed spaces when visiting the centre
- SPACE – please be mindful of other centre users and respect each other’s space when choosing routes and moving around
The Key Points....
- Stay at home if you have symptoms of Covid-19. We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you display symptoms during your visit. Please be aware of NHS England’s guidance on Covid-19 symptoms and what to do if you display them
- Pre-book your climb or boulder before visiting using our new online booking system
- Familiarise yourself with the current UK Government Guidance before your visit
- Sanitise your hands when entering the building, before and after every climb, when moving through different parts of the centre and when leaving. There are sanitiser stations around the centre and we have individual hand sanitisers on sale at reception
- Please consider wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces.
- Please continue to be mindful and respectful of other centre users when choosing routes and moving around the centre
- Avoid coughing into your hands and touching your face
The use of face coverings is no longer mandatory but we are asking all customers to consider using them in enclosed spaces in the centre – including the Clip ‘n Climb briefing room.
There are sanitiser stations throughout the centre and we encourage you all to bring your own hand sanitiser too (we have some available for sale at Reception). Please sanitise when you enter the building, when you visit the bathrooms and before and after every climb. If you use the training equipment (either in the Moon Board Room or the rings by The Quarry) please sanitise before and after using it.
It is your responsibility to adopt strict sanitising protocols when using the centre in order to protect yourself and others around you.
We regularly clean high touch areas of the centre such as toilets, door handles, screens and movable equipment. Hold cleaning will continue to take place only when holds are removed from the wall as part of route setting.
You can book online through our website or through the Rock Gym Pro app which can be downloaded onto all smartphones.
- Choose from a morning, afternoon or evening climb – sessions will be at least 3.5 hours long – or for any of the activities available at the time (sessions, coaching, clubs etc depending on the current guidelines)
- Booking will stay open until the last minute to afford you more flexibility in planning. You can even book from your phone from outside the centre and as long as there is space in the session you can join.
- To help you plan your visit, when remaining capacity is low you will be able to see how many slots are still available.
- You’ll be asked to pay online
- If you’re a holder of an annual membership or multi-climb punch card you should select the Members Booking options when booking – this will enable you to use your membership or remaining punches to ‘pay’ for your climb
- For climbing/bouldering you can turn up at any point from the start of your session – you don’t have to turn up on the dot.
- For courses or sessions please turn up 5 minutes before the start of your session briefing
- When you arrive at the centre you will have to check in. Please ensure you have access to your booking confirmation email.
- Our floor walkers will call the end of the session with a 5 minute warning to all climbers and there will be a gap between sessions to limit crossover of climbers
We use Rock Gym Pro to manage bookings, memberships and our customer database.
When you first book a session at the centre, we recommend creating an Online Profile as this automates a lot of the form filling for subsequent bookings.
Once you have an Online Profile, you can use it to make bookings via our website by clicking on the ‘Log In’ option before you book. You can also view your profile online and review any prior bookings.
The Rock Gym Pro App is also available to download if you have an android or Apple smartphone. You can use it to manage and make bookings – there’s also a clever widget that shows you real time capacity in the centre (ignore the time zone though!).
Our current policy regarding face coverings reflects the most current UK Government legislation and industry guidance and applies to all customers aged 11 upwards.
From 10th December 2021 you MUST wear a face covering when
- Arriving at the centre and moving around our public spaces
- Checking in at reception
- Ordering takeaways from the Cafe or purchasing merchandise
- Receiving any Safety Briefing (for example harness checks or a Clip ‘n Climb Briefing)
- Clipping children into climbs at Clip ‘n Climb unless you are also participating yourself
- Moving around the climbing arena and boulder caves between routes
- Using bathrooms
- Actively climbing, bouldering or participating in Clip ‘n Climb as a climber
- Consuming food or drinks in our café table service area (the cafe is currently closed to table service whilst we are in Tier 3)
- If you are exempt
Our Reception Team will check in with anyone not wearing a face covering. If you are exempt just let the team know or show them your UK Gov exemption card/app. Don’t worry if you forget your face covering – we will have buffs and single use face masks on sale in our reception area.
Our team will be wearing face coverings around the centre and for some duties you will also see them donning face shields and/or PPE.
If you hold an annual membership you will still need to book your climbing session. Please do NOT turn up without booking as we will not be able to let you in.
When you book, select the Members Climbing or Members Bouldering option. This will enable you to make a booking using your membership. We ask you to be considerate when making bookings and do not block book sessions.
We will not be selling new monthly memberships for the time being. If you are an existing monthly member, you will still have 15 days left on your membership in lieu of the closure period in March 2020. When you book, select the Members Climbing or Members Bouldering option. This will enable you to make a booking using your membership. We ask you to be considerate when making bookings and do not block book sessions.
Ten Climb Punch Cards and Annual Memberships will continue to be available as options for our regular climbers.
If you have a current Ten Climb Punch Card you will still need to book your climbing session. Please do NOT turn up without booking as we will not be able to let you in.
You will be able to use your remaining ‘punches’ (climbs) to pay for your climb . When you book, please select the Members Climbing or Members Bouldering option.
No. All external instructors must contact us (call on 01392 426 850 or email) at least 24 hours in advance to discuss whether a visit is possible for them and their group. We will not provide entry to any group that turns up without booking.
Yes! Youth activities are approved as part of the UK Government Roadmap to Lockdown Easing. Your child can climb at the centre in one of these ways:
- Climbing under the supervision of a competent adult in their household or bubble. If your child is a keen climber then you are welcome to bring them to the centre but you will have to belay them yourself and be responsible for them for the duration of their visit unless they are a Purple or Green Card Holder. To book select the concession option together with the ‘Belay Partner for a Child’ option. Its free to accompany your child as a belay partner during off peak sessions (weekday mornings and afternoons) and costs just £2 at peak times (weekends and evenings).
- By attending one of our Youth Climbing Clubs or Squad programmes – for more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By attending a taster or coached session with our instructors
If you’re a competent belayer, signed off to belay at the centre, you’re welcome to bring your child climbing as long as they are aged 5+ and you supervise them at all times. We ask that you book in alongside your child as we need to know who is in the centre and when for capacity management and Track and Trace. If you plan to climb (for example on auto belays) please book a climbing slot for yourself and concession slots for your child. If you are just belaying then you can select the Belay Partner for a Child option. Its free during off peak sessions (that’s the weekday morning and afternoon sessions) and it costs just £2 at peak times (that’s evenings and weekends).
There’s been lots of discussion around the use of liquid chalk and its role in supporting infection control. Whilst, in theory, if the alcohol in liquid chalk is sufficiently concentrated (70%+) it could kill the virus there is no conclusive proof of this. Therefore it is not in any way a replacement for good hand hygiene (sanitising before and after every climb) or social distancing. However, if you use chalk we would advise you to invest in liquid chalk and it could be seen as a back-up to other sanitising procedures. We will have liquid chalk on sale at Reception. Please ensure that it has dried completely before climbing and mark your bottle clearly so that it is not picked up by other climbers.
We ask that you bring your own climbing gear where possible. Rental gear will be available if absolutely necessary. We will be spraying rental shoes on the inside and outside after every use but harnesses will not be cleaned.
The Government guidelines say that air flow should be 20L per person per second. This is a very low rate of flow especially in a building our size so we should achieve this level of air flow relatively easily. We have installed a Carbon Dioxide monitor which will indicate whether ventilation is adequate and our fans will be in operation.
At the end of each session we will sweep the arena for lost property. If it can be easily identified (ie is named/labelled) we will bag it in a sealed bag for customers to collect – you should quarantine the bag for 3 days before opening it. If items cannot be easily identified we will NOT be able to store them in the centre and will have to dispose of them. Please make every effort to take your belongings home with you and label any items that you would not wish to lose.
We require at least 48 hour notice to cancel any session booking. Cancellations after this point will not be eligible for a refund.
Covid-19 Exemption – if you or any member of your household displays symptoms of Covid-19 you should cancel your visit regardless of notice. We will arrange a refund.
To cancel please call us on 01392 426 850.