THE HUX CRUX CHALLENGE 2016!
The Quay is very excited to be hosting the team from The Hux Crux Challenge 2016! On the 26th November the Hux Crux Climbers are aiming to climb the equivalent height of Mount Everest in The Quay. We know you Quay Climbers love to be part of these challenges and there are several ways in which you can help out and get involved!
WHAT IS HUX CRUX?
On 29th July 2015, at the beginning of his climbing journey, James Huxley was cycling to work when he suffered from a unknown heart condition and tragically passed away. Alysa Freeman and a group of dedicated climbers would like to invite you to take part in The Hux Crux Challenge 2016 to raise awareness and funds for C.R.Y. (Cardiac Risk in the Young). The charity aims to reduce tragedies like this through screenings and further research.
The Hux Crux Challenge is simple (but not easy!) – climb the equivalent height of Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world, between the climbers taking part. During the event raffle tickets can be purchased from the Hux Crux stand, all proceeds of which will go to C.R.Y.
HOW CAN YOU TAKE PART?
Quay Members can get involved in several ways!
- Help rack-up the metres! Quay Members can just come for their usual climbing session and submit their height gain to the Hux Crux total! Visit the Hux Crux stand and for a suggested donation of £3, you will receive a Hux Crux Logcard. Go climbing and record your climbs onto the logcard – return it at the end to submit your height gain and you’ll receive a certificate and a special mention on the Hux Crux event page!
- Don’t fancy climbing? Come and lend a hand with the belaying! With over 10 Hux Crux climbers, the team will need a hand with some of the belay duties. Please contact Alysa Freeman through the Hux Crux Facebook event page if you can help out, or just turn up on the day and find her at the Hux Crux stand.
- Win something fab! Simply purchase a raffle ticket – or a few – from the Hux Crux stand for a chance to win something awesome. The Quay is donating some merchandise and a 1:1 Coaching or Taster Session (depending on experience). All proceeds will be donated to C.R.Y.
- Just a donation? Every penny that goes to C.R.Y. (Cardiac Risk in the Young) is put to research and screenings to prevent sudden cardiac deaths and support the families who all suffer the consequences. If you’re not able to help out in any other way, please consider any size donation.
Where & When?
Saturday 26th November – 12pm @ The Quay Climbing Centre
Find out more:
Checkout the event page and learn a little more about the charity by clicking the buttons below.
- Wine tasting evening for up to 10 people from Majestic Wines
- 2 camping sporks, 2 compasses and a pair of grade 3 sunglasses from Exeter Army Surplus
- Family ticket to Exeter underground passages
- 3 free burgers at hub box
- T shirt from Saltcity
- Kombat UK 28ltr rucksack and a 1ltr water bottle from Moor Outdoors
- £100 Paintball gift voucher from Delta Force
- Hoody (any size and colour we have in stock) from Quay Climbing centre
- A Taser or Coaching session based on experience at Quay Climbing Centre
- 4 Quay Climbing Centre water bottles
- Luxury Tins from Elite Tins
- Free yoga session with Nikki Darling Yoga